Friday, July 3, 2009

Retired...

No more waking up early in the morning going to the office in a half-sleeping mode…
No more sorting the massive number of mails everyday…
No more going up and down searching for CEO or GM to get their signatures…
No more scanning documents for my manager spasmodically…
No more sending fix deposit letter to banks every month…
No more doing treaty reconciliation which needs a lot of brain power…
No more going back home from work with a weary body every evening…
No more, no more…

Yes, I’m now officially a jobless man… Someone please help me to decide whether this is a good thing or the opposite… For me I’ll say it is both good and bad, good thing is that I finally going to a college and starting my new life studying… Bad part is that I’m leaving this great company which I’ve worked for 3 months plus…

Cannot be gainsaid, I felt relieved now after stopping from work… Not because I hate my job, but because I loved it so much until I forced myself to do my best every day… Overall, I think I’ve did it… I’ve earned my colleagues’ respect although I was just a temporary staff in their eyes… For me, this is the most precious and crucial thing that I’ve earned besides money in this short period of working life…

After all, this job is not all about the heavy load of works given by manager only… There were also many momentous moments which I came across during this job… For example, our finance department party… It was a great time having buffet lunch in the office, and it was fun too seeing my assistant manager’s reaction after she drank half cup of pure liqueur (her face was all red the whole evening =P)… At times we would also organize birthday celebration at some random restaurant if there is any staff having birthday on that particular day… And my record was, I ate with 17 female colleagues during a birthday celebration! (I know, it’s nothing to be proud of, haha…) Besides that, I can never forget bumping into this ‘ah gua’ who was sun bathing right beside the street when we went for a lunch… Not to mention about the naked pervert who showed his ‘thing’ and passed through us in purpose when we were returning back to the office…

On the other hand, I’ve learned a lot too during this period… I’ve learnt about treaty reconciliation, bank managements, investments, fix deposits, bonds…… I need a list for that… Besides learning about accounts and treaties, I learnt something useful in my future life too… I’ve learnt how to socialize with people, some communication skills and many more… Oh yes, the CEO once asked me about my name… I was shocked why was he interested with the name of a temp staff? I mentioned my name to him and to my astonishment, the second time when I went into his room to get his signature, he said, your name is Yeong right? Come here, I sign for you… Don’t look down to this simple sentence by the CEO, it actually brightened my day… Can you imagine that a CEO of a great company would know me? I feel grand!

After I came out from NS, I’ve been working in Jerneh for one month plus… Time flies, it really flies… It’s like yesterday I just came into this company and today I’m saying bye to all my colleagues…

Irene Yong – Senior Manager… She’s going to retire soon, in one month time…


Jessica Teng – Manager… Always asks me to scan documents for her, but she’s a nice manager…



Top from the left:-
*Yen Ling, ‘leng lui’ from our company, always goes out for lunch with different guys…
*Mrs Lau, my teacher who taught me many stuffs, she even taught me about investment, about how to buy and sell share…
*Yeong Bin, the ordinary me…
*Novelle, my neighbor sitting beside me…
*Paulyne, always visits me for received stamp…
*Wai See, my assistant manager, I respect her so much although she’s a bit hyperactive sometimes… Her famous quote: “你识'死'字掂写无?” (Do you know how to write the word ‘die’?) Too bad I didn’t get the video of her scolding this…
*May Yin, the most hardworking staff? I always see her busying with something else…
*Esther, always carrying her yellow coloured umbrella when we go out for lunch…
*Siew Mei, my neighbor sitting behind me, my ‘sister’ according to her… Always comes out with funny jokes and silly remarks, fun being her neighbor…


Goodbye everyone, farewell Jerneh… And, again, thanks for EVERYTHING…