Sunday, June 14, 2009

Drink . Drank . Drunk

Phew, I’ve finally reached home safely, it wasn’t a smooth journey at all, so I should be thankful that me and my dad are now safe and sound…

Just a few hours ago, my dad and I attended a wedding dinner of my dad’s friend, uncle Goh… Mum should be attending the dinner with dad, but she was too tired for it, so I replaced her… Since only two of us attending the dinner, drink until drunk were prospected… In addition, when we reached the destination, we were guided to our table, and guess what? We were sitting with a bunch of my dad’s friends… They were all good in taking alcohol, so called ‘kaki botol’! And I noticed, they were not drinking beers, they were drinking whisky! For your information, normal beers only contain at most 5% of alcohol, but I looked at the label of this whisky, it written there 43% alcohol! Gosh, it isn’t something mile, just a few sips may cause you drunk!

Before the dishes served, dad and his friends were already started drinking whisky… They some more competed with each other and see who can drink more! I was included too, thanks to the uncles, who forced me to drink, said, a doctor must know how to drink, if not cannot be a doctor… So, no choice but to get insane with them…

For the first few glasses, we were still okay, then, they called up the waitress and asked her for a whole bottle of whisky instead of serving us glass by glass… And I’m not kidding here, we finished the whole bottle within a short period! Another bottle came, we continued and drank half of it…

Things started to go wrong after that, dad was totally drunk as he drank the most! He started shouting and talking nonsense… I blushed with discomfiture sitting beside him so I poured some Chinese tea for dad, hoping that it could turn him normal… Dad’s friends were laughing at him and making fun of him, one of them still insisted him to drink finish the whole bottle… Dad has reached his maximum, I never seen him acting like this before… He shouted at his friends, and kept rising his hands up saying that he’s very happy today… He then put his warm arm around my shoulders and announced loudly to his friends that I got JPA, I’m studying medicine soon, I’m starting my uni, and I’m going to be a great doctor! He did that for repeatedly… People always say when you’re drunk, you would show your true self to others, say out the things that you cared most… Now I realised, my education is so important to my dad, he has high hopes on me, he work real hard and earn money for me to study, he made me a better person by teaching me many good qualities… My dad is a super dad, he cares about me most … So, I vowed to myself that I must put all my efforts on study and be a great doctor in the future, then I’ll make my dad and mum lead an easy life… I must be a successful person cause if I don’t, all the hard work done by my dad now will just be an utter of waste…

My dad was terribly drunk… We couldn’t stay until the dinner ends, we got to taste only 4 dishes before leaving the restaurant… I carried dad to the car but failed… He was too drunk until he could hardly walk properly… Another two friends of dad helped me to carry him to the car park, it was so funny that my dad actually called his friend’s name wrong! And at the car park, dad fought with me verbally… I took his car key from him as I know with his condition, he can’t drive, but he insisted to drive, shouted at me badly… Finally, with the help of uncles, we snatched the key from my dad, and placed dad into the car… It was a bad condition for me to drive just now… First, I was driving my dad’s mercs and not the proton wira that I usually drive… It was merely the second time I drive his mercs… It took me quite a while to search for button to on the spot light, and it was not easy to handle a big car like that… Besides that, I don’t really know the way back home as it was my first time coming to this restaurant for dinner… I know dad needs me to take care of, I’ve to be strong, so I concentrated on every signboard along the road, even at the moment I was having mile migraine because of the alcohol… Not only that, on the way home, dad had vomited more than 5 times! I need to drive and at the same time, open the window for dad to vomit and take some tissues and water for dad... Not to mention the disruptions made by dad, it was seriously difficult for me to drive…

After many tribulations, we finally arrived home safely… Relieved… Thank God for protecting us all along the journey!

Dad fell straight into the comfy sofa and slept…


Looking at him like this, I find that he is cute in a way… ^^


To my dearest dad,

I know I’m very important to you, same here, you’re equally important to me, perhaps more important… But don’t tire yourself too much on earning money until being overwhelmed by work, I am a working person so I understand the value of money, but I’m satisfied with everything I have now, from now on I promise I’ll concentrate on chasing my dreams, become a great doctor, earn a lot a lot of money, get prestige by people, and most importantly, make you proud of me!