Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Status of the day :


Similar to normal Mondays, I went to work in various states of semi-sleepiness this morning… I was physically at the office, but mentally still dwell in the past weekends, slightly regretted for not getting sufficient sleep during my weekends… No choice but still have to continue my work, I took out the file labeled ‘Treaty Reconciliation’ and started my day with all figures and debit credit signs… I am actually working and at the same time learning some basics of accounting…

Then, my phone buzzed… It was a message from dad...

Dad
15-June-2009 9:47am
Bin, yes, you got Monash University, offer letter is sending out by this week. Accordingly you need to report to university by 6/7/2009, so you may need to stop work by this month, let’s wait for the letter and you may inform your boss ahead. -Dad-

I was on cloud nine when I read through the message, but too bad I was in the office, can’t express much of my feelings besides smiling to myself like a crazy feller… The message actually boosted me up and brightened my day! Finally I got an answer from the government after N-months of waiting… I am a person who cannot keep things to myself, there was an urge for me to let somebody knows about this news! So I told my assistant manager about it… Her respond shocked me, she stood up and started nagging me… ‘Ah Yeong, where can like this wan? You said you’ll help me until August, now you’re leaving me in 3 weeks time? How can you be like this? Blame the government also, why they never tell you about it earlier? I don’t care you must help me finish this Treaty Recon before you leave…’ The next minute, she went to the manager room… Came out and she told me, from today, you must OT everyday for 2 hours until the work is done! She already proposed to the manager about adding my salary for overtime… Again, I felt important, but confused whether my assistant manager really thinks that I can work for her, or she just wants to fully utilize me… Anyway, either way is not important for me cause I’m working for few more weeks only, so, OT for 2 hours is not really a big problem for me…

Thus, I stayed back after work today until 7.30pm without any extra pay as the manager still not yet approved me to get OT pay… Exhausted but still feeling happy cause I’m going to have my own college life soon! Can't wait! :D