Friday, June 5, 2009

What a bad day...

Today morning as usual, I woke up, brushed my teeth, washed my face, dressed up, combed hair (yeah, it can be combed now, don’t suspect…), and had my breakfast before going to work…

Everything went smooth until I reached my working place, as I sat down and about to start my day with continuing the undone work yesterday, my senior executive came walking to me with her hand holding some documents… I could sense that something bad was going to happen… She dropped the documents on my table, it was a stack of fixed deposit renewal letters which I typed yesterday and they should be sent out to the banks by yesterday too… I craned my head and looked at her, then she started to lecture, showing me that I’ve done so many errors on the letter and I’ve to retype all the letters again… Sighed, but thank god it was just the senior executive and not my manager… I would definitely get bad scolding from my manager if I done the same mistake, lucky he’s on a leave today… ^^ Yes, I’ve to type all the letters again and because of this, I’ve wasted a lot of papers… I know, I’m causing global warming…

Then, my daily task came, letter to the bank for transaction, this letter is not easy, I’ve to get a senior manager and the general manager of our company to sign it before sending it out… Problem occurs… Again… I’ve gotten the senior manager to sign on the letter, and heading to the GM’s office to get his signatory… Too bad at that moment GM was in the meeting room, I was supposed to hand the letter to his secretary, but I couldn’t find her also... Staff there told me that she was in the pantry room, and so I waited… 10 minutes later, she came out… It was long okay, standing in front of the office holding a piece of paper and wait like an idiot… Okay, then I said to her that I need the signature urgently, she replied, go into the meeting room and seek for GM to sign… My hands started to shake… MEETING ROOM… It doesn’t sound fun to me… I thought the secretary would go into the room with me but she opened the door, stood outside and kept calling me to go in ALONE… All the managers in the meeting room there were staring at me… Panicked... Good one u secretary, I took a deep breath, walked promptly to the GM and got out of the room rapidly with the signature… Done!

Just don’t know what happened to me today until my computer also trying to mess with me… The computer ID that I was using all this while was not belongs to me, it was for the previous temp staff only… So, I was asked to request a new ID from the IT department… I handed in the request form yesterday and today I received a call from the manager of IT department stating that my ID was ready… I went and collected it… I typed the new ID and tried to log in to my computer, but failed… It was written on the screen saying that my ID was locked out… Locked out? What does it means? Blur, but I know it’s definitely another bad thing for me… I went up again to the IT department and talked to the manager… He asked me to go look for Alex (name of a random staff la…) with my problem… Why la I’ve got so many problems today? Haih… Fortunately, Alex fixed the problem and now I have my own ID to sign in…

Bad luck continued for the whole day, I was sick and tired and desperately looking forward to 5.30pm cause it’s time to go back! I saved all my work, packed my stuffs and watched the clock ticking away, pictures of prospective happy stuffs that I’m gonna enjoy later after work started swirling in my mind… Just when the digital clock on my phone struck 5.30pm, I heard someone shouting my name… ‘YEONG, COME HERE!’ It sure sounded familiar, no doubt, it was my manager… I have 3 managers and I scared most of this one… Shattered, my dreams were over, I knew I can’t go back home on time today… Reluctantly, I went to her partition and pleased her… She wanted me to scan something for her and what can I do besides doing it? I am just a subordinate of hers after all…

That was my day… Bad day… I ranked my day grade C, because I’m not doing my job properly and I didn’t grin at people when I met them… I’m gonna perform better for tomorrow… ^^