Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Balance Diet

What is a balance diet? A form 5 student going to sit for SPM examination must be able to give the definition… No, I should know the definition also since I’m having my bio topical test 3 on next Wednesday… So, a balance diet is one that provides an adequate intake of the nutrients and energy needed to sustain the body and ensure health and growth… Staying at the hostel away from house is good, in the sense that I can eat what I like to eat everyday and not eat according to what mum cooks… That is so wrong, after I got into the real situation then only I realized that is it not as easy as I thought… I won’t have the chance to eat what I want to eat for my meal as the varieties of food at my hostel there are so little and nice foods are always costly… Worse still, I can’t cook myself…

However, we still have to live with food, no matter what, a balance diet is still needed… Without having any choices, I got to build my own balance diet with whatever I can get there… Let me present my everyday meal to all of you…




Look properly, it is actually a very “balanced” diet… It comprises all the essential nutrients…
Carbohydrates – Rice…
Proteins – A piece of curry chicken…
Fats – Note the curry, it’s very oily actually…
Veggie – Long beans and… can see some green pieces of veggie on the biscuit?
Vitamins – Halls Vita-C candy (very rich in vitamin C)…
Minerals – Jacobs High IRON Cream Cracker…
You can never find a more balance diet than my daily meal… And the cost of this whole diet is cheap too, merely cost you not more than 7 bucks…

Nah, those foods are just sickening… I wished I won’t need to take them every day but again I got no choice… That’s why I said holidays are cute, now I’m having a real balance diet everyday… Must appreciate every meal now before returning back to my hostel in another few more days… I had a great Japanese cuisine yesterday, and now, I’m going for my mummy’s normal Asian food… ^^ Bye…

P/S:
1. Above picture is my first project using PhotoScape, not bad isn’t it…
2. Ouch, my whole body aches, this means I never wasted the free trial to gym yesterday…