Sunday, May 17, 2009

Salam Khidmat Negara...

It came,
The day finally came,
“The day of sorrow”, they said,
“The day of tears”, I said.

It had been slow,
Creeping slow,
Crawling inch by inch for the first few weeks,
Then, with the sudden rush of the adrenaline,
It speeded up,
As quick as lightning,
Till the very end.

This will be the pit stop,
The farewell,
The end of everything,
NO MORE waking up at the early of the dawn,
NO MORE sleeping before midnight strikes,
NO MORE sweat dripping from the epidermis of a skin,
NO MORE curses shouted when tiredness overruled a homosapien,
NO MORE……..

It’s over now,
THIS is a once in a lifetime experience,
THIS is a part of a journey,
THIS is a memoir,
MY MEMOIR….

Story begins when the check list for trainees who have been chosen to attend national service 2009 is released...Solemnly enough, I entered the regarding website and I slowly typed my IC number to check whether I’m the ‘lucky’ person or not... I waited for the result in a state of trepidation, and to my astonishment, this was what I saw…



Stunned, my eyes widen, jaws dropped and silence overruled for several minutes... It was so unbelievable, I have an elder sister, and she got chosen for national service too 2 years ago, so to tell the truth, I had much confidence that I will NOT be chosen… Anyway, knowing that reality is always cruel, I tried to accept it impassively…

Yes, name of my camp is KEM SENTOSA, CHENDERIANG TAPAH PERAK... I like the name of my camp, cause sentosa means peaceful and serene, which is also the lifestyle that I desire for... Hoping that my NS life would really be like the name of the camp, I went to the pickup point on the day informed…

The place was crowded with a medley of different races of people, but still, I managed to make friends with some Chinese who came all the way from puchong… Fish & Alwin… Sitting in the bus travelling to the camp, together we chit chatted a lot about our backgrounds and personal details… At that moment, I thought: it’s not as bad as what I had imagined, I got to know friends even when I haven’t reach the camp… So I started to have some hope for the next 3 months surviving in the camp…

After a 3 hours journey, we finally arrived… When I got out of the bus, ‘wow’ was the word that I mentioned… I stood as stiffly as a toy soldier, looking at the camp which is surrounded by mountains with different altitude, creating striking scenery…


My camp is beautiful… It is the most beautiful camp in Perak according to one of the facilitator… I started to fell in love with this ‘cruel reality’ which I first mentioned, the attracting sceneries of my camp diminished the negative feelings of mine towards national service… So I thought, national service is not that bad after all... Things went smooth until we went to register our name at the counter… Fish, Alwin and I were separated into 3 different dorms and 3 different companies… Felling a little bit of disappointed, together, we carried our luggage and moved into our dorms…

G5 is my dorm, and it looked like this:
So, after settled down my entire luggage by placing them into the cupboard given, I went down again to the hall… P/S: I went down fast cause people in my dorm seemed unfriendly!!! Opps, I meant my first impression when I reached the dorm ok, don’t get offended, friends… ^^