Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy...

The feeling of coming back home from national service was really good, but this satisfaction was soon conquered by the boringness staying at home without doing anything… So, as a very organized person, I took the initiative to clean my book shelves (first time after SPM ^^)… I found this essay book, English essay book... For your information, I never get an A before for my English essay in my whole life, but still, I found this quite-interesting-essay written by me when I was form 4 or 5, couldn’t really remember… The title of the essay was: Write a story ending with “… I wish that I could take back my words.” And this is my story…

“Ring…” the bell rang. “Thank you Mr. Tan”. After greeting the teacher, everyone grabbed their bags and rushed out of the class. This is a normal phenomenon that often happened after four hours of biology class. All of a sudden, the classroom became tremendously silent. I slowly packed my books into my pink coloured bag that my brother presented me on my last birthday. I seemed to be very calm even though everyone had left the classroom.

When I was busy packing my bag, a shadow blocked the sun rays that penetrated in through the windows of the classroom. A man appeared right in front of me. I slowly craned my head up and just what I had expected, he was Vince. Again, he gave me a teddy bear as usual and wished me good bye before he left. Not to mention that this was the 73rd teddy bear that he gave me.

Vince was one of my form 5 senior, he was tall and handsome. His mesmerizing eyes and the gorgeous smile on his face could really melt every girl’s heart. Yes, he was my boy friend, but there was something weird about him and I just couldn’t understand why he never mentioned that he loved me before even though we had coupled for more than two months. What he did was just giving me a teddy bear which I thought merely cost RM9.90 only each day. My small little bedroom was fully filled by the ever-increasing teddy bears that he gave me every day.

“Beep… beep”, the noise of my phone woke me up from my nap. I was wondering who on earth was so free to call me on such a beautiful Sunday. I picked up my phone lazily, surprisingly, it was Vince on the phone. I always thought that he knew me very well and he usually would not call me at such time expecting that I would be taking my nap. Vince called me to go down to the bus stop in front of my hostel to meet him. I was frustrated, but still, reluctantly I combed my hair and changed my shirt before going down to the bus stop.

My first expression when I met him was ‘wow’. He was holding a teddy bear as usual, but the only difference was the teddy bear that day was much bigger than the usual ones. I was shocked and stunned for a while. He smiled and explained that it was the 100th day that we had known each other. I was happy because he actually counted all the days that we had been through. I held back my feelings and was trying to act cool. In response, I said to him: “Do not tell me all this if you cannot even tell me that you love me”.

He was still smiling when I scolded him, he then slowly passed me the teddy bear. I was really unhappy at that moment so I swiped away the big teddy bear from his hands. The teddy bear fell down onto the road. Vince was shocked with my action, he quickly went down the road and picked up the teddy bear. Unfortunately, a bus came and accidentally knocked him down without noticing. Blood splashed all over the road, I was so panicked at the moment but I still managed to call for an ambulance.

I followed Vince to the hospital with my hand holding tightly the teddy bear stained with Vince’s blood. Vince was sent into the emergency room right after he reached the hospital. No choice but I could only stay outside and pray hard for him. As I was waiting outside the emergency room, I looked at the teddy bear carefully. I noticed that there was a button on the bear’s nose. I pressed that button and the bear sounded: “I love you, I love you, I love you…” All of a sudden, guilt filled my heart and I finally realized why he had not said that he loved me before. I stared at the teddy bear and replied: “I love you too.”

A few minutes later, the doctor came out, Vince was pronounced dead. I cried for a few hours on Vince’s death body before I went back home with a depressed feelings. Then, I checked the previous bears that he had gave me before. Shockingly, I found out that every of the bears said: “I love you” when I pressed the button on its nose. I laughed at myself, laughed at my selfishness and stupidity. I wish that I could take back my words.

-The End-

People, you are allowed to laugh now… Told you, never get an A before for English essay what… Anyway, hope you enjoy the story…